This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Stitching, a Reproduction Project, Baking, a Party in the Library and a Giveaway!!!

Getting ready to...fill the stockings (from a couple of posts ago)...have just finished a little project for Jo-Jo!!! I make her a little something each Christmas, and give it to her on Christmas Eve...she really loves receiving her own little special stitched gift... ...this little one is from Anni


...yesterday I received the latest Australian Country Threads with the most gorgeous project in it from Kate...and like the article says...Take a trip back in time with this delightful pincushion and scissor holder from Kate Hampson. Based on a floral motif from an 1852 Pennsylvanian quilt, Kate has given the set the evocative title of Mary Agnes. It's made of a raspberry reproduction print ...I so adore reproduction prints and beautiful warm colours!!!

...and then I did some baking which I haven't done for a while, some mixed berry friands and vanilla cupcakes...all gluten free and just so moist and delicious...with a coffee, and reading everyone's blogs!!! Standing behind are the first of the hydrangeas...



...Amidst all this, an invitation from Catherine to a Party in the Library, how excited did this make me feel...straightaway I had to grab the camera, take the photo of the book I would take with me to share with the other guests...From The Miniature Library of Prose Authors...OLIVER TWIST... by Charles Dickens. There is no publishing date, but a previous owner has dated it...July 28th, 1895!!!

...splendid gilt edged pages!!!

...Frontspiece by Dower Wilson. Perfect discussion of this and other books... and like the invite says...feasting, reading aloud to each other, revelry...with a roaring fire and ...of course... with some wine!!!



...and last but not least...a giveaway by Robyn who is celebrating her First Year of Blogging!!! Congratulations Robyn...a wonderful achievement!!! Drawn New Years Eve.
Now...it's back to filling those stockings and my Library Party. Have a lovely weekend everyone...this the last before Christmas...and thank you for popping in!!!

6 comments:

RG said...

Hello and thanks for joining in my giveaway...Good luck!!
Have fun at your party :o)
Robyn xx

ceecee said...

What an inviting post! Would love to peruse your Dicken's book...what a treasure. And your cupcakes look delicious. Happy weekend friend.
Catherine

Leslie Rubio said...

Lovely looking baked goods-vanilla cupcakes-yummy! I love your stockings-they are so pretty all in a row up your stairway.

Enjoy the holiday and time with family. Thanks for sharing!

xoxo,
Leslie

a good yarn said...

What a darling Christmas stitchery and Kate's sewing projects are adorable. Reproduction fabrics are always charming. May just have to go and buy Australian Country Threads...

Your hydrangeas are gorgeous! I love their blousy heads and the friands and cakes look delicious.

Sigh, so many lovely things.

Cheerio Ann :)

Sea Angels said...

A truly head spinning post full of the most gorgeous delights, I think I will have one of those lovely cakes whilst I settle to look at the fabulous embroidery, It's good to see you working yourself right up to Christmas....ha ha.
I wanted to say Have a wonderful time full of joy, laughter, days to make memories of..........
Happy Christmas with Sunshiney Hugs
Lynn xx

Miret said...

Vanilla cupcakes look so delicious!
Thank you for the nice words in my blog - the first ones I will always remember - it is so good feeling to be welcomed...
Have a nice peaceful Christmas!
Roosamamma

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...