This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

~A Swap from a Special Friend...and a new Sewing Tool~



My dear friend (Geo) no blog has been reading my blog and she really really wanted to be involved in a Swap......I said to her that with a lot of Swaps you don't have to have a blog you can just join up with them!!!  She then said she wanted to do one with me.....
okay then let's do it!!!

For my theme I chose the colour turquoise...
and here are my goodies that arrived a few weeks later...



Amongst the loot was a hand knitted necklace...
turquoise beaded necklace......a book
hand knitted dishcloth/face washer
gorgeous Washrock soap......pencil case......fat quarter
It really did look lovely all together!!!

Thanks so much Geo......lots of fun!!!!!!!

There were lots of choices in what we could send...
some of them were...

something to read
something to do
something from the Op Shop
something for the sewing room




Geo first chose an African theme but that would've been a bit difficult to put together here in this sleepy coastal  town...
so in the end we went with birds
I saw this fabric Geo and thought of you straight away
and I have started on your swap now!!!


Meanwhile the most useful little sewing tool recommended to me by Jan from Finishing School is this purple stick like thing called 'thang'
it pushes...it pokes and it holds down fabric whilst sewing
and was perfect for gathering the base


of my bag which is getting there!!!!!!!

Now it's back to work on my item for Geo...Happy Stitching, Dzintra

12 comments:

Susan said...

Your "thang" looks so much more efficient than a pin or unpicker. Your bag looks so great, won't be long now.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

May have to check out the thang...love the bag Dzintra..

Rachaeldaisy said...

Such wonderful gifts!! Your thang sounds like a great tool! and that bag is something else, so gorgeous!

Margaret said...

A nice idea of the swap gifts.

Anonymous said...

iKwhat a beautiful parcel to receive Dzintra,love the colour and also love the bird fabric.xx

Annie said...

Lovely swap pressies....lovely, lovely bag xoxox

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I LOVE THE BLUE TAGS, DZINTRA! And that is so sweet to include her! I have many friends who have no blogs but do enjoy reading mine. The creativity issues out from all corners of the creative world!! Enjoy your day, Anita

Kaisievic said...

Lovely swap items and your bag is gorgeous - where can you buy a "thang"?

Palomasea said...

Oooh...more fun!
A lovely swap indeed, dear friend...
Your bag is looking sooo pretty!!
Sending love...
xoxo,
- Irina

Terry said...

Georgina would have had so so much fun getting the swap together. I kown shE llike op shopping and the color is one she often uses.
Glad it made you Happy.
Bag is looking Good.

Cathy said...

Lots of goodies there...the Thang looks like a great idea!!Enjoy your sewing today...im working from home today, am finding it hard not to be distracted!! lol

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Dearest Dzintra!

Thank you for stopping by to leave a sweet note! How is your day going? I am working in my workshop to fill up my Etsy shop. These summer days are so free and wonderful; I want an ENDLESS summer of exploration and fun!!! Big hugs, Anita

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...