This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Sunday, June 15, 2014

~Cook Up with donna hay and Irina~




I have finally gotten around to posting a recent cook up we have had here YAY!!!
Above are Chillies for the meal


From donna hay magazine Issue 73 Feb/Mar 2014
Menu is
Sweet Pickled Chilli and Lime Ribs......recipe over here
Crispy Coconut Rings
Cabbage, Celery and Cucumber Slaw with Tahini Dressing

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Ice-Cream Bars


I began the night before by cooking the ribs with coriander, lime leaves, onion, lime, ginger, salt, vinegar and sugar.




I then made the Sweet Pickled Chillies and rubbed it over the ribs and refrigerated it overnight


The Cabbage, Celery and Cucumber Slaw with Tahini Dressing


and all plated up!!!
Those Onion Rings were so delicious and very, very moorish!!!
The Coriander garnish........from our garden just gave it all so much flavour!!!


The Dessert called for store-bought Brownies but being gluten free Mr Armchair had bought this box of Melinda's Heavenly Chocolate Fudge Brownies so I thought give it a go!!!


The Brownies turned out perfectly!!!


However I did make my own ice- cream though using Tilba Jersey Cream


The recipe did say use smooth Peanut Butter and I didn't
The result being little bits of nuts on the top LOL



Lucky I got these shots in as I just about forgot them!!!

A delicious meal and those Ice Cream Bars were something else.....a bit crunchy!!!

Irina has joined me in these cook ups so follow the link here if you want to see what she has been cooking up!!!

Bon Appetit......Dzintra xo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my you are such an amazing cook Dzintra,yummy .xx

Yvonne W said...

YUMMY! That is all I need to say about the food. You have the patience to cook all those courses , which I lack. 1 course is all I do.

Susan said...

Shez is right, you're an amazing cook. It all looks scrumptious.

ria vogelzang said...

It all looks delicious!!! You are so talented!
Love from the Netherlands, Ria.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Talk about a master chef!!!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning (on my end of the planet!) dear DZINTRA - chef of the future!

First of all, I love the cover photo of Donna Hay's magazine with the cool blue and then the contrasting orange and vanilla pops! And then there's your meal.....WOW! And you made your own ice cream? That is impressive my dear friend! I must now see what our dear Irina as been up too, for I have not seen her in a while.

Thank you also for coming by to chat. Much love to you! Anita

KimM said...

WOW! Looks so yummy! You must be a fabulous cook. I'm not….but glad my husband is….otherwise we'd starve :)
xxx

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh this months meal look extra amazing!! Lots of tricky ingredients and clever cooking, I bet Mr Armchair and JoJo look forward to these special Donna Hay meals.

Fiona said...

ooh my.. that looks and sounds just delicious...
Hugz

Palomasea said...

Oh Dzintra....this all looks incredibly delicious!!
Bon Appetit, my friend!!
I need to start cooking! :))
xoxoxo

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...