This blog is all about me......I come here for respite in between caring for JoJo (our Daughter who has Special Needs)......I am addicted to starting new projects......I am becoming a fabric-a-holic... I love to try out recipes... take a beach walk and breathe in that salty blue air......love to have coffee...sip a glass of champagne......read a book......I am Queen of the Armchair and am inspired by all the wonderful blogs out there!!!

Monday, June 30, 2014

OPAM (One Project A Month) May......Diamonds at LARGE



Boy how excited I am to have finished Diamonds at Large for this month's OPAM!!!!!!!
Just before Sunset on Saturday afternoon I thought let's go down the beach to see what colours were happening there for sundown and do a photoshoot of this very special Quilt!!!!!



And the big unroll............


had to get the photo on the side due to the wind flapping around


and then wrap around me


then off it's to around the corner to lay it upon some rocks there


and zoom in and all these birds are there going home for dinner


Mr Armchair trying to straighten it up



and success woo hooooo!!!!!!!!


But not for long as lucky there was a little branch nearby to hold it down........


the back


by this time JoJo (Yellow Wiggle today) was quite cold and she scored the quilt around her


A quick selfie


Back from around the corner and there's a lone fisherman casting his line


the light was just lovely





and just one more time


before we headed back home!!!!

Diamonds at Large is for my dear Brother who has very challenging health problems and I am just so excited to gift it to him especially as I bought this fabric for me as I loved it so much......
It just feels so right!!!!



Quilt Name:  Diamonds at Large      
  Designers:   Pam & Nicky Lintott
          Size:    45in x 60in
       Fabric:    Collections for a Cause.....
                          Hope by Howard Marcus
    Backing:    Vintage Rose by Nancy Odom for P & B Textiles

    Threads:     Scanfil 100% Organic cotton for Quilt Top
                       Mettler Quilting 100% cotton Col Nat 4 for backing
                       Stitch:     4.5 on Bernina Aurora 440
Quilted by Me......Dzintra, Queen of the Armchair
and thank you Rachaeldaisy for the suggestion of quilting about an inch out from the Diamond

And Thank You Sweet Peg and Kris for running OPAM for us to finish off One Project A Month!!!

23 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I can feel the exhilaration of YOUR thrill to have accomplished this beautiful project dearest, AND the fresh air of your SHORES! WOWOWOWOOW! My ultimate favorite place to be, at the sea....and look at you and your brother. I want to cry. I always wanted a BROTHER! GRRRRRRR! Oh well....my husband is like one to me!

Much health and happiness to your brother, and to you and the family, my friend. It is so good to see you!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Bonjour my friend! Thank you for coming to visit and I'm glad you were able to hear the music! Enjoy the travels as you watch my dear. This year may be less participants, but I do think it will be fun. HAPPY HUGS TO YOU! Anita

KimM said...

As I read your post, I found my smile growing bigger and bigger. Your excitement is contagious - what a beautiful quilt and the picture gallery showing it to all is perfect. Well done.
hugs
xxx

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Homemade quilts, seaside chills, family, PIZZA and WINE? You are talking SUMMER PERFECTION, Dzintra! Oh you made my morning as I sit here in my covered deck, bug-free, listening to the birds and my fountain, writing poetry. It is marvelous. MUCH LOVE! Anita

Lynn said...

What a beautiful quilt. The colors are so rich and warm. And those beach pictures, just gorgeous!

Grethe said...

Love seeing all you pictures, Dzintra! How great of JoJo with the beautiful Diamond quilt. Beautiful seaside :-)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You cleaver girl....Dzintra...what an awesome display of your gorgeous quilt.....

Chookyblue...... said...

well done Dzintra........your quilt is lovely....I love all the pics.......your brother will love this..........

Fiona said...

lovely quilt Dzintra... I can see why you loved those fabrics... the photoshoot was such fun too and it is a very special gift.... your brother will love it...
Hugz

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a wonderful quilt!! I love the way the pattern shows off your beautiful fabric choices! I really enjoyed your photo shoot on the beach, it's great to see the whole family get involved. You live in such a beautiful area!!

Sue-Anne said...

Great post and what a beautiful quilt! Loved the photo shoot!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such a beautiful post Dzintra. I loved visiting your lovely beach and your quilt is gorgeous as were all your spectacular piccies xx

Bev C said...

Hello Dzintra,

What a special photo shoot. The quilt really has a story of love about it. Best wishes to your dear Brother.

Happy days.
Bev.

Astrid said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love it! Love the photos too - and lol - yes, the wind! I'm sure your brother will love it too! Hugs to you all!

Nat Palaskas said...

Thanks for a beach work and show and tell. Lovely Diamonds quilt for a good course. Nice to see Mr Armchair is taking part in it too! Hugs Nat

Susan said...

Lovely beach shots and quilt! Love the sunset over water...one of my ealiest memories is a sunrise over water...
I'm sure your brother will treasure it.

Susan said...

It's a beautiful Dzintra. Gorgeous photos of it on the beach. I'm sure your brother will know it is sewn and given with love.

Jenny said...

Wow what a great photo shoot. the beach is just gorgeous and so is the quilt. i am sure your brother will love it.

Kath said...

what a great job you did and lovely photos of your darling family.
I know your gift will bring snuggly comfort to your brother.
May I send him my heart-felt wishes for his improved health.

Janice said...

Just beautiful. The colours go so well against the rocks. You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful setting for you photo shoot. I'm sure your brother will cherish it - it will be like being wrapped in a big hug from his sister. Even the name of the fabric range is appropriate for him.

Terry said...

Vibrant photo shoot of a vibrant quilt for your brother. I'm sure your energy will shine through and comfort him. Super Opam.

Show and Tell said...

Dzintra.....What a great lot of photos you guys took....I love the quilt also....Your brother is very lucky to have a sweet sister like you....Well done my friend xx

Michelle said...

Your post is full of love a lovely quilt and a lovely family , that's just what quilting should be about.

Welcome To My World

Hello, my name is Dzintra Ingrid ... have been known as Ingrid and since our Sea Change I have started to use Dzintra ... pronounced without the D ... (but still known as Ingrid, I know, it's confusing ...)

Welcome to my world ... a journal of our Sea Change ... Mum to three wonderful children ... bringing up a daughter with a disability and seeing life through her eyes ... being a new Nanna ... photos ... inspiring quotes ... taking on a cookery course ... the odd recipe ... and trying to get some stitching done amongst all this ...